i try to stay as positive and upbeat as i can. i really do. and i’m usually successful. but the last two-and-a-half weeks have been a bit more than i’ve felt able to handle. they have tried my soul.
- worrying about two family members, realizing our helplessness from afar
- spending hours, once again, inside the complicated mix of immigration requirements
- missing cues and clues, leading to a misunderstanding with a friend
- shopping for cars, when we had no time to spare from renovation work
- buying a car, with very different procedures for insurance and registration
- sifting through still more piles of moldy dirty trash, even more disgusting when it’s someone else’s stuff
- continuing to spread dust throughout the house, all over our floors and furniture and cats and clothes
- voicing irritability and tension in unproductive ways
- breaking a beautiful beloved vase (a wedding gift from a dear friend/cousin that has traveled everywhere with us for almost 29 years – including all the way to italy), trying to glue it back together, being forced to say a final goodbye
- dealing with several odd health ailments
- experiencing two small-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things-but-still-disappointing developments
- encountering a disturbingly rude individual (not of italian descent)
- feeling TIRED TIRED TIRED, every single day, to the point that i cannot form a coherent sentence
however, despite my very long list of complaints (and in a nod to last week’s “mindful” post), eric and i both continue to notice something positive. we do not get overly excited for very long about setbacks anymore. we obviously still react to them. and we obviously still need to face them, talk about them, deal with them. but then we move on. we keep working in the direction we know we need to go.
so i know it will be okay. it will all be okay.
because each day the progress on the house is more noticeably amazing. and each day the plans for my retreat-no-more experience continue to thrill me. (next month!)
stop imagining your best life
and begin living it instead.
embark on a self-discovery journey,
back to your true essence.
THE ARRIVAL, a retreat-no-more experience.
get the in-depth details:
THE ARRIVAL (in italy)
or just skim through the highlights:
THE ARRIVAL (at a glance)
sign up now to join this transformational journey in tuscany june 26-30!
click to receive my studio notes in your inbox each week.
(and receive my first travel size course, AWARENESS #1, as my complimentary gift to you!)